SEK International School Qatar is located in the prominent West Bay, Al Farouq Street in Doha, Qatar. Our aim at SEK International Schools is to provide a high quality international education through the development of our students’ abilities to the highest level of their potential.
SEK-Qatar offers education in English from Preschool 3 to Grade 12 with access to study Spanish and Arabic as additional languages. A truly International IB World School, we have more than 55 Nationalities represented amongst our students, we are authorised to offer the PYP, MYP and Diploma Programmes and we are NEASC accredited.
We are seeking candidates for 2020-2021 academic year:
MYP/DP CHEMISTRY TEACHER
Promote student learning, through carefully planned, taught and assessed lessons, and ensure that students have the opportunities to develop in all areas: academic, physical, socio-emotional and ethical. Promote the respect and understanding of the culture of the host country, Qatar.
- Plan, teach and assess relevant, global and significant learning engagements that differentiate for individual student needs, according to the requirements of the corresponding IB programme.
- Create a stimulating classroom environment.
- Regularly contribute to curriculum planning and development including interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary units of work and the development of transdisciplinary skills and attributes of the IB learner Profile.
- Include technology in the students’ learning experiences as a valid support to the process.
- Give students regular feedback, both orally and written, and encourage students to respond to the feedback, reflect on progress.
- Teaching qualification adequate for the teaching job.
- ICT knowledge.
- Experience relevant to the job.
- Fluency in English.
- Double degrees, master and international experience are valued positively.
- Previous experience of teaching the MYP and DP IB is preferred, although outstanding candidates without prior IB experience will be considered
What we offer:
We are committed to developing our staff and run regular professional development workshops to ensure our teachers are equipped to provide students with the best possibly educational experience.
We are offering a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic and highly regarded IB school in Qatar which is part of the Ministry of Education’s Outstanding Schools Programme. We also offer an attractive tax-free salary, medical insurance, housing allowance, free child places and an annual flight allowance along with great corporate discounts with many service providers in Qatar.