To inspire, encourage and empower our pupils to achieve their very best in Netball
Surbiton High School is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of supporting schools in their quest to give every child the opportunity to succeed and reach their full potential.
Surbiton High School is a lively, energetic, independent girl’s day school in Surbiton, West London. The School achieves annually at a Borough, County, Regional and National level. Numerous girls represent at county and regional level through the support offered in our programme. The Netball Programme aims to deliver an environment where pupils can foster a lifelong love of Netball.
You will have participated or coached at a high level and have experience in coaching young people. The role will demand excellent planning, time management, communication and administrative skills, and an ability to work within a strong team environment. This role will require confidence and creativity in managing a large squad of varying abilities in changeable conditions, for training as well as at events.
To increase the number of pupils playing netball
- By providing high quality, enjoyable netball lessons and coaching sessions
- By offering taster sessions, internal competitions, netball matches and netball camps
To Improve the performance of School netball teams
- Arranging netball matches and training throughout the year
- Running netball camps in the holidays
- Identifying and developing high performers
To raise the profile of netball within SHS and in the community
- Publicise successes and achievements in assemblies, website, newsletter and local press
- Ensure netball is delivered throughout the year in all 3 schools
- Encourage Senior girls to complete Netball Leaders/Coaching qualifications
- Offer Work Experience with local netball clubs
To set up and manage netball fixtures, tournaments, and manage the associated paperwork
- To liaise and communicate with parents and manage their expectations
- Uphold the School’s code of conduct and the values of Surbiton High School
- Conduct yourself in an appropriate professional manner at all times, supporting and fostering the aims and safeguarding policies of the School
- Carrying out any such duties as may be reasonably requested.
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Experienced netball coach with at least a Level 2 coaching qualification
- The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues in a successful and dynamic school
- Strong playing standard desirable
- A proven track record of demonstrable training and coaching success
- Evidence of successful, inspiring and innovative coaching at all levels
- Up-to-date knowledge of netball technique, strength and conditioning
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and an ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
- Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic approach to life
- High expectations for pupil attainment, personal development and conduct
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1151168?cid=1567
Closing date: 8:00am, Monday 19 February 2018
Interviews to be held week commencing: 26 February 2018
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB