Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally. The group is currently home to a population of over 4,600 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Network Administrator to join our pro-active and dynamic IT Services team. The successful candidate will be required to deliver ICT support for the 4 sites that make up the NSCG group. Ensuring that all IT hardware and software systems are maintained in functional order and that IT and telephony equipment is configured to the College Group requirements.
The post holder will also have excellent communication skills and a strong customer service focus.
You will need access to your own suitable transport to be able to visit sites across the Staffordshire region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The day to day operation and maintenance of the College’s computer based networks, this includes both Windows and Apple Mac operating systems.
- To perform server hardware and software upgrades, repairs and commission new physical or VMware virtual servers.
- To maintain and develop the College firewall(s) as instructed.
- To test new software packages and services packs to ensure full system compatibility and stability before deployment.
- To monitor IT and VOIP telephony systems performance and to act and report on deviations from the norm.
- To configure and maintain the various CCTV systems used across the group.
- To install and configure new equipment, including associated cabling and other peripheral works.
- To work evenings and weekends to cover special events such as open evenings and IT exams, when required. Prior notice will be given.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a working knowledge of modern computer software and hardware, including but not limited to VM ware, VOIP telephony (Mitel), HP Procurve/Aruba networking equipment, NAS/SAN devices and wireless network systems.
- Has experience of the Windows Server 2003/08/12 operating system, IIS and SQL, Exchange 2013 and willing to take on new server operating systems such as Windows Server 2016.
- Has excellent communication skills and a customer service focus.
- Is confident in undertaking physical repairs and modifications to IT hardware, such as servers, laptops and workstations.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 25 Days annual leave, rising to 30 upon 5 years’ service
How to apply
To apply for the role of Network Administrator, please go to and click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 18th November 2018.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.