At Heckmondwike Grammar School our motivation is for our students to enjoy their school days and to become thoughtful, articulate, confident and responsible members of society.
In order to achieve this we rely on our staff to work closely with students, parents and teachers to provide a supportive community, keeping the well-being of our students at the forefront of everything we do.
If you are an innovative, enthusiastic and driven individual with experience in leading and managing ICT systems, then this could be the job for you. This post provides a unique opportunity to work within a high-performing and growing 11 to 18 school with a large sixth-form and exceptional students. With an intake of over 600 post-16 and 210 in next year’s Year 7, Heckmondwike Grammar School is a dynamic place to be. We have been in a process of expanding into a large school; and the addition of £1.1 million in funding next year for a new sixth form centre will enhance this process. To support your application, we would be pleased to host you in visiting our community before you apply.
We would like to appoint an outstanding Network Manager from 16th April 2018. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the newly created ‘Solve’ faculty providing IT support for teaching and learning across the school.
You will need:
- to believe in our values of generosity, resilience, integrity and tolerance
- to be a reflective practitioner wanting to develop and hone your craft to the highest level
- to be an inspirational leader who builds excellent relationships and motivates colleagues
- to be an efficient and effective manager to maximise the impact of technology on teaching and learning
In return we can offer:
- eager and committed students who are keen to learn and progress
- working as part of a creative and supportive team, who are driven to support and challenge our students
- very well equipped specialist classrooms
- a learning-centred school where the best possible practice is the priority
- opportunities to develop as a leader and manager
- a vibrant, supportive community of like-minded professionals
Experience of working in a school is not essential but a desire to work with young people is.
Specific responsibilities are set out in a detailed job description.
In addition to this, staff at HGS are expected to be effective professionals who challenge and support all students to do their best. Staff at HGS should inspire confidence, build team commitment and engagement and be highly motivated. They should think analytically about their work and take positive action to improve the quality of provision. They will encourage high standards of academic and personal achievement and be a good role model for the students in the school. They will make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school and their department.
Why Should You Apply?
Heckmondwike Grammar School is a unique school, with students who are eager to learn, keen to know more and want to enjoy their educational experiences. It is exceptional in many ways: a very diverse school community that produces results of the highest quality. We work effectively with the young people, really care about them and their futures and have an ultimate success measure of enabling them to proceed to where they want to go. Excellent relationships between staff and students are the norm, expectations are high and students perform very well as a consequence.
The closing date for applications is: 5th March 2018.
Interviews are expected to take place during week commencing 12th March 2018.