Network Technician. Full Time. Permanent.
We are seeking to appoint a highly experienced IT Networks Technician to join our ICTS Team. This post offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team and provide Third Line support for ALL IT Network and Telephony services to the Academy.
Candidates must hold a degree in Computer Science or related subject (or equivalent qualifications\certification) and substantial recent relevant experience in a third line support role. They should also demonstrate significant and proven technical support experience at a level which requires minimum supervision.
If you are a highly motivated customer facing IT professional with experience of working in a third line support role with minimal supervision then this could be the right role for you.
The role requires a clear analytical approach to problem solving, good interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to work independently and as part of a diverse technical team is essential to the role.
You will need to have proven technical skills and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the support requirements for a variety of operating systems and services including
- Windows 7, Server 2008, 2012, and 2012 R2 Operating Systems
- Active Directory management
- Microsoft System Center
- Microsoft Hyper V Virtualisation and Vmware Vsphere 6
- Microsoft Exchange 2010\2013\Office 365
- Dell switch installation and configuration
- Network security\firewall administration
- Disaster recovery technologies
Experience of the following is desirable
- Software packaging
- SharePoint Administration
- Office 365 and Azure AD administration
- Configuring and managing Wireless Network Technology in an enterprise environment
- Blade server technologies
- Storage technologies – Nimble SAN
Please ensure you complete in full all sections of the application form as we do not accept CVs or other forms of supplementary information.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd November 2017 (Midday)
Interviews: w/c 27th November 2017