Newly Qualified Electrician
We are seeking to appoint a Newly Qualified Electrician to carry out day-to-day electrical works in the College’s 430 buildings which are both of a historic and modern construction. They will deliver day-to-day maintenance and minor works efficiently and economically.
- Carry out electrical repair work in the College properties to a required standard of quality
- Conduct regular testing of circuits and electrical appliances
- Electrical installation work
- Take accurate measurements for materials from internal stores
- Assist other tradesmen as and when necessary
- Carry out any other duties and ad hoc requirements as reasonably requested by management
- Accurate completion and timely submission of timesheets and similar records
- Participation on the Trade on call rota
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- A recognised apprenticeship, some experience of having worked as an electrician and a 17th Electrical Installation qualification are essential
- Relevant trade background and experience and a general knowledge of other trades
- Experience of maintenance work and jobbing repairs
- The ability to work effectively within a team and communicate appropriately with a variety of College staff
- A valid driving licence
In return, Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), free eyecare tests, a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
Up to £23,000
Closing date: 14th August 2019 at 10am
Full details and an application form are available from our website:
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Eton College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.