Harris Academy Purley is an oversubscribed 11-19 co-educational academy with currently 1050 students on roll. The academy is situated on the Croydon/Surrey border with excellent transport links to central London, Surrey and the South Coast. Open since September 2009, we were judged Outstanding. The academy moved into a state-of-the-art new building in September 2012.
As part of our recruitment drive to appoint Newly Qualified Teachers for September 2017, Harris Academy Purley is looking to engage with committed and inspirational trainees seeking their first post as a qualified teacher, as part of an innovative and highly supportive academy team. We want to hear from trainee teachers who are interested to join one of our high performing and thriving departments, with vacancies available across a variety of subjects including: Computer Science, Maths, Geography, Science, Business Studies and Economics.
As an NQT, you will follow our highly successful Harris NQT programme, training alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris.
Our NQT induction programme, delivered through our outstanding Harris Federation Teaching School Alliance, aims to welcome new teachers and build their self-confidence in the first few weeks of their career. There is regular contact with other NQTs within and across subject areas, including at our NQT Teaching and Learning conference each September. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning sessions throughout the year.
Every NQT has a professional mentor who works with you to make sure your training and support needs are met. You will have the opportunity to observe lessons being delivered by experienced teachers. There are also a wide range of additional programmes open to NQTs through the Teaching School Alliance to help you achieve your career ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
- A qualified teacher to teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge;
- A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who will expect excellence from the students;
- A collaborative and motivated individual who will lead the subject through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies, use of technology and intervention programmes.
Why work at Harris Academy Purley?
- “This is an outstanding Academy. High quality teaching promotes learning and enjoyment for all students”. – Ofsted.
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat on another with care and respect
- The combination of traditional values of discipline and good-manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology
- Leadership and staff who share an expectation that each and every student who joins Harris Academy Purley achieves his or her “personal best”
- With an emphasis on Enterprise and Sport, the Academy strives each and every day to create a culture and ethos which promotes curiosity, initiative and leadership in all our young people.
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
We have taken an innovative approach to our recruitment, by using the power of video. As part of our recruitment process, we may ask you to complete a quick video assessment, giving you a unique opportunity to articulate your application, showcase your personality and tell us why you are interested in this next challenge. We use this alongside your online application form when shortlisting for interview.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.