Harris Academy Tottenham is a new academy with a specialism in Mathematics and Enterprise. This will be an exciting opportunity to be part of an excellent team who will develop and provide outstanding teaching and learning and exceptional outcomes for students from 3-18 years of age.
As part of our recruitment drive to appoint Newly Qualified Teachers for September 2017, Harris Academy Tottenham is looking to engage with committed and inspirational trainees seeking their first post as a qualified teacher, as part of an innovative and highly supportive academy team. We want to hear from trainee teachers who are interested to join one of our high performing and thriving departments, with vacancies available across a variety of subjects including: Primary (KS1 & KS2), Maths, Science, English, MFL, PE, History, Geography and Music.
As an NQT, you will follow our highly successful Harris NQT programme, training alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris.
Our NQT induction programme, delivered through our outstanding Harris Federation Teaching School Alliance, aims to welcome new teachers and build their self-confidence in the first few weeks of their career. There is regular contact with other NQTs within and across subject areas, including at our NQT Teaching and Learning conference each September. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning sessions throughout the year.
Every NQT has a professional mentor who works with you to make sure your training and support needs are met. You will have the opportunity to observe lessons being delivered by experienced teachers. There are also a wide range of additional programmes open to NQTs through the Teaching School Alliance to help you achieve your career ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
- A qualified teacher to teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge;
- A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who will expect excellence from the students;
- A collaborative and motivated individual who will lead the subject through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies, use of technology and intervention programmes.
Why work at Harris Academy Tottenham?
- The opportunity to work with senior leaders experienced in creating ‘Outstanding Academies’;
- A calm, well-disciplined yet positive and innovative learning environment;
- Cross curricular and cross Federation experience to develop your career;
- Excellent prospects for future promotion;
- Superb professional development, including a thorough induction programme, and promotion opportunities both within the Academy and through the Harris Federation; this will ensure that you are always at the forefront of teaching and learning innovation;
- A fantastic community of parents and children who deserve the best.
Our ethos is based on our values of Endeavour, Enjoy and Excel. As part of the Harris Federation you can expect to work in an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation. If you are committed to the learning and wellbeing of young people, we welcome your application.
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
We have taken an innovative approach to our recruitment, by using the power of video. As part of our recruitment process, we may ask you to complete a quick video assessment, giving you a unique opportunity to articulate your application, showcase your personality and tell us why you are interested in this next challenge. We use this alongside your online application form when shortlisting for interview.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.