PASSION – URGENCY- POSITIVITY- ASPIRATION - COMMITMENT
We are looking to appoint talented newly qualified teachers to join our strong and committed team from September 2019. This is an exciting opportunity for practitioners who want to take the next step in their career. Burfield Academy is a growing one form entry school with an excellent community feel and we are looking for inspirational teachers.
The successful candidates will be:
In return, Burfield Academy can offer you:
- An excellent and unrivalled NQT programme and CPD package
- Continuing CPD beyond your NQT year (including fully funded masters and nationally accredited leadership
- A research based curriculum which staff shape for the future
- The possibility of a paid induction programme following the completion of your studies in July 2019
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic and engaged children who are eager to learn and model excellent conduct
- Genuine opportunities for career progression
- A free lunch each day, freshly prepared in house
- Significantly subsidised private healthcare and a range of other employee benefits
- An extremely friendly and supportive staff team
- The opportunity to make a significant difference in many aspects of school life
Visits to Burfield to discuss the posts prior to applying are strongly encouraged. To arrange a visit, or for more information about the role, please contact our Head of School, Dee Hughes, via email:
Completed application forms should be returned to the same email.
Closing date: Thursday 4th April at 12 noon – please note that applications will be considered upon receipt.
Interviews will be arranged upon receipt of applications that are shortlisted for interview.
To apply, please complete the application form with a supporting statement and send it to Dee Hughes at the above email address, or return to Burfield Academy, Oaklands Way, Hailsham, BN27 3NW
Please also take a look at the Burfield Academy and STEP Academy websites for further information on the Academy and Trust:
STEP Academy Trust believes that its workforce should reflect the local community and that all groups within the community should have equal access to the Trust’s employment opportunities. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
STEP Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Check and references.