Smart Teachers, part of Tes, is working with a secondary school in Chingford who are looking to support an English Teacher through their NQT Induction. The NQT English teacher will be working at an inclusive mixed community school in Essex. The school includes a resourced provision for 15 hearing impaired learners. The school has high academic standards coupled with broad and balanced curriculum. The successful candidate will be working closely with other teachers to ensure high results are achieved at Key Stage 3 level. Pupils have a challenging and exciting curriculum that stretches and challenges everyone to experience and enjoy both the romance and rigour of English. In 2017, the English department achieved GCSE and A-level results that were significantly above the national average.
About the Role
- NQT English Teacher
- Full time / permanent position from September 2018
- MPS + OLA
- Teaching KS3 - KS5 classes
About the School
- Fully inclusive mixed 11-18 community school
- Graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2018
- Outstanding resources throughout the school
- School leadership is strong and focused on student and staff welfare
- Located in Waltham Forest, 25 minutes from Liverpool Street
In order to be considered for this role, the teacher of English will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Bachelor, PGCE or equivalent, relevant teaching degree
· Have a degree in English
· Have proven UK experience teaching English from KS3 – KS5
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please quote the job reference number RCR28994 when applying for this role.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.