The Cayman Islands Department of Education Services Invites applications
For education roles within the Government school system for 2018/19 academic years Commencing –November 2018
The Cayman Islands offers one of the highest standards of living in the Caribbean. It is a tax-free jurisdiction, with a friendly welcoming people, combining the very best of the relaxed Caribbean attitude and modern living. Its proximity to Miami also provides easy access to North America and the rest of the Caribbean.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents. To assist with relocation, within the first week of arrival, the successful candidate will receive a settlement allowance equivalent to 1 month’s salary, moving expenses for personal belongings and hotel accommodation for 7 nights.
The Numeracy Coach is responsible for working with teachers to develop their numeracy and teaching skills. This primarily involves training and supporting teachers and other personnel within the schools in the planning, delivery and evaluation of numeracy lessons.
Qualifications, Experience & Special Skills:
- A Masters in Education (MSc/MEd) or evidence of substantial recent and relevant professional development in the teaching of numeracy/mathematics education
- At least five years’ experience as a primary teacher with evidence of effective numeracy teaching and the support of colleagues
- Experience of working with teachers in developing their pedagogic and numeracy skills
- Experience of teaching mathematics in a way that encourages students to be interactive and problem solvers
- A knowledge of a variety of approaches to teaching mathematics and the barriers to success in mathematics
A detailed Job Description and the Government Application Form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs
Please send your completed Government Application Form and Cover Letter only via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or an informal discussion about this role, contact Frank Eade, Numeracy Specialist on 1-345- 938-1952
Application Deadline: September 24th, 2018