The post holder will lead and coordinate the design and development of national strategies and initiatives to raise standards of achievement and improve teaching and learning in the areas of numeracy and mathematics, in primary and secondary government schools.
The candidate must have:
- A Master’s degree or similar professional development experience in education with a focus on numeracy
- A valid teaching qualification, with evidence of a significant focus on numeracy
- Five Year’s successful teaching experience and at least 2 years in a numeracy coaching or consultancy position
- Strong and successful experience in numeracy education and/or policy development at a senior level, and in curriculum development, programme development and the training of adults
- Experience in leading a significant change management agenda at a senior level would be an advantage
The Cayman Islands offers one of the highest standards of living in the Caribbean. It is a tax-free jurisdiction, with a friendly welcoming people, combining the very best of the relaxed Caribbean attitude and modern living. Its proximity to Miami also provides easy access to North America and the rest of the Caribbean.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents.
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
A detailed Job Description and the Government Application Form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs. Please send your completed Government Application Form, Resume and Cover Letter only via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: 27th April, 2018