Numeracy Support Officer
Are you looking for a new career and challenge? Join us on a journey to Beyond Outstanding!
Permanent contract - 37 hours per week – Term time only
Salary: Grade 6 – Point 22 – 25 (£17,914 - £19,645 per annum)
Required for September 2017, a Numeracy Support Officer to take a lead within the school to help improve attainment in Numeracy.
· Are you a Maths graduate?
· Might you want to become a teacher but you aren’t yet sure?
· We can train you and help you to decide.
The role will include implementing agreed work programmes with individual students and groups and support teaching staff in the development and education of students in specialist skills/knowledge as well as contributing to whole planning cycles. The role may be attractive to a Maths graduate who is considering a career in teaching.
Do you possess the following attributes?
· Ability to be an exceptional member of staff with clear capacity and the desire to improve
· Potential to progress in your career
· Possession of a wide range of skills to support our staff, students, parents and community towards excellence
· The skills, experience and ability to gain the confidence of students and staff
· Professional presence, capability and clarity with an excellent demonstration of the ability to motivate and empower
· A clear sense of fun, energy, drive and passion
If you would like an informal conversation prior to applying or to arrange a visit please contact the school office to arrange an appointment – 01384 816165.
You should complete an online application form through the WM Jobs website. Online application forms only will be accepted for this vacancy. If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the HR Resourcing Team on 01384 811300 (option 1) or via e-mail to HR Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk. Online facilities for job applications are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
The above post requires an enhanced disclosure in accordance with the Protection of Children Act 1999.
Closing date: Wednesday 5th July - 12 noon