We are looking to appoint a dynamic Nursery Early Years Practitioner who will oversee all aspects of the Nursery from January 2020.
As Early Years Practitioner you will work alongside committed EYFS colleagues to deliver a well-planned EYFS curriculum and provide high quality Nursery care; ensuring that the four principles (A unique child, Positive relationships, Enabling Environments and Learning and Development) are met.
This position would be ideal for someone who already has experience leading in or working in a Nursery or Early Years setting; someone who is ready for the next step in their career.
As a member of our team we are looking for someone who is ready to:
• Keep up to date with new developments within the EYFS and embrace new initiatives.
• Work hard to achieve the very best for the children in the Nursery.
• Create a happy and secure environment where children can develop confidence and grow as individuals.
• Play a role in the development of high quality provision in the Nursery.
• Establish effective relationships with parents.
• Demonstrate a positive outlook and a resilient nature.
• Demonstrate excellent inter-personal and leadership skills as well as the ability to inspire and challenge colleagues.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour.
In return we can offer you:
• Plenty of opportunities for professional development, within our school and our Trust. We offer NPQML and NPQSL, as well as opportunities for coaching and mentoring in school and within our network of schools.
• Opportunities to develop your leadership skills by working alongside experienced leaders and Early Years advisers.
• Working with other colleagues within our local cluster and outstanding partner primary school.
• An individual CPD pathway, to develop practice, and help you reach the next stage in your career.
• A team dedicated to innovative teaching methods and implementing current research.
• At least 3 additional PPA days per year.
• An opportunity to work in a charitable organisation that is focused on improving the lives of disadvantaged children; the core value of the Trust is “the best in everyone”
Longshaw is a two form Primary Academy located in Chingford – close to the North Circular and a short walking distance from Chingford Rail Station (Overground to London Liverpool Street).
Further information about our school can be found on our website and visits to our school are warmly welcomed – You can book a visit by emailing the school Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the school on 0208 529 5693.
Longshaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. CVs will not be considered.
All schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, Group-wide intranet, curriculum and online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resources, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, United Learning reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. It’s an ethos we call ‘The best in everyone.’
We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme.