Norton Hill Primary School is a three form entry free school. It is one of 26 schools in the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership, the school opened in September 2020. At present it is one form entry and will grow over the next few years to a three form entry school. It is a STEM and Forest School, situated in Midsomer Norton.
The nursery is opening in September 2021, in order to meet the needs of existing parents whose children attend school. There is a need for wraparound care for working parents of pre-school children.
We are looking for a dynamic leader who will take overall responsibility for leading the nursery. The candidate will have overall responsibility for the day to day management of this pre-school provision, ensuring that all relevant policies and procedures are upheld.
The position is term time only 37 hours a week starting on 2nd September 2021.
Furthermore, the lead will be responsible for a range of management tasks:
- Organising resources and planning the provision.
- Responsible for rotas for support staff and guiding them with their daily duties.
- Meeting parents and giving them feedback.
- Overseeing wraparound care provision for nursery and the school.
- Maintaining high standards for the provision.
- To liaise with other professionals and agencies as and when necessary, including attending meetings.
- To understand any other duties to ensure that Ofsted and environmental health standards are met at all times.
- To undertake any other duties which are deemed to fall within the responsibility of this post.
- Have a good understanding of Safeguarding procedures ad to adhere to school policies relating to safeguarding.
- Early Years SEN experience is a must alongside delivering Makaton and working with non verbal children and delivering early communication intervention such as Bucket
- Inclusion funding experience is a must
- Ideally the Nursery Leader will have NVQ Level 4 or above in Early Years Childcare and Education.
- Knowledge and understanding of Ofsted standards. Knowledge of Child Protection procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of management responsibilities. Knowledge and experience of man-management and strong leadership skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with parents and professionals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to motivate a team.
- Commitment to providing a high quality service.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Confidence to consult others when necessary.
- Understanding of commercial decisions.
- Attend to pupils’ personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first-aid and welfare matters, as appropriate.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. It also values the diversity of the workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. The successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the DBS.
Provisional Interview Date: Friday 11th June 2021
Norton Hill Primary School
Bath and North East Somerset
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years