Owned by Swanbourne House School, Home Farm Day Nursery is a friendly, family orientated Nursery, positioned in the beautiful Buckinghamshire countryside. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, well qualified and ambitious Nursery Manager. The aim of the Nursery is to provide excellent all-round early years education and ensure that high quality of care is given for all children, enabling the development of each child through individual attention and group activities including implementing teaching strategies.
The right person will ensure that the Nursery not only meets all Regulatory requirements but continues to be a beacon of success. The Nursery has four separate rooms; Ducklings (3 – 15 months), Lambs (15 months – 2 years), Kittens (2-3 years) & Foals (3 – 5 years). Children come to us from the surrounding area and some from further afield. Home Farm Day Nursery offers a 'home from home', happy and stimulating environment where all of the children can learn and flourish in safe and secure surroundings.
What are we looking for?
The ideal successful candidate will have a minimum of two years’ managerial experience, be qualified to Level 3 or equivalent (NNEB CASHE level 3, NVQ level 3), but above all else, they will have a passion for providing high level Early Years’ care and education. They will also possess the following:
· A good knowledge of OFTED standards and experience of inspections
· Excellent interpersonal skills and self-confidence
- Thorough with strong attention to detail and a commitment to excellence demonstrate excellent leadership skills
- Well-organised and able to work autonomously with minimal close supervision
- Knowledge of health & safety legislation
- Achievement orientated with an ability to use own initiative
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Proactive and innovative approach to challenges and ideas, plus strong problem
- Ability to balance and reconcile different interests and respond sensitively to varying
If this sounds like you and you would like to join our amazing, inspirational team and be a part of a beautiful Nursery, please see the details below in how to apply.
Applications. The Job Description, Person Specification, Candidate Pack and Application Form can be found at www.swanbourne.org.
· Applications should be addressed to Mr S Hitchings, Headmaster, Swanbourne House School, Swanbourne, Near Milton Keynes, MK17 0HZ.
· Any queries please contact Mrs K Hawes, on 01296 720264 or email email@example.com
Completed Application Forms. Your completed Application Form and Covering Letter must reach the School by midday Friday 9th March 2018. Please note that in line with Safeguarding legislation, we cannot accept CVs for this post.
Acknowledgement. If you wish the safe receipt of your application to be acknowledged, then please enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
Interviews. It is intended that a first round of interviews will be conducted during the week commencing 12th March 2018
Swanbourne House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity. The supplied references will be taken up and the School may approach previous employers to verify particular experience or qualifications. The successful candidate will need to complete a medical questionnaire.