Smart Teachers is recruiting for a passionate and outdoorsy Nursery Manager to join an ‘Outstanding’ Nursery school based in Chiswick, West London. The site is set within a fully fenced nature reserve where children are able to play freely whilst learning and engaging with nature. The successful Nursery Manager will spend a lot of time outdoors so you will need to be committed and flexible to the role. This full time permanent Nursery Manager position is available for an immediate start and the suitable applicant should have QTS or Early Years Level 3 at minimum.
About the Role
· Nursery Manager
· Immediate start, permanent position
· Lead a team of between 4-9 staff
· Mornings are spent outdoors, whilst afternoons will be based in the office
· Up to a 50 hour week on a shift basis from 7:30am to 6pm
· 28 days’ annual leave and birthdays off (inclusive of public holidays)
· Salary from £27, 000-£35,000 depending on experience
About the School
· Full time outdoor nursery for 2-5 year olds
· Emphasis on nature and the outdoor environment
· This site is yet to be inspected by Ofsted but 2 others within their group have been rated as ‘Outstanding’
· Nursery has outdoor areas attached to the indoor provision
· Children have the freedom to move, explore, play and learn allowing for holistic learning
· Follows the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum
· Visits are organised to other nurseries for CPD purposes
· Overseas trips aplenty: Opportunity to work in Tuscany for 2 weeks a year and CPD previously completed in Norway!
· 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays and 1 additional day of annual leave after each full year of employment
· Don’t work on your birthday!
In order to be considered for this role, the Nursery Manager will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold QTS or Early Years Level 3 minimum
· Experience of managing a team
· Forest School or outdoor education experience would be advantageous
· Recent Early Years or Primary UK based teaching experience
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number BXB148889
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.