Job Title: Nursery Officer (Maternity Cover)
Grade and Salary: Grade 1 £17,364 - £18,426 per annum
Working pattern: 37 hours per week (willing to work up to 40 hours when required), year-round
Ashfield Plaza Day Nursery are looking to appoint a Nursery Officer to join our existing team to cover a period of maternity leave. The Nursery Officer will contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
The successful candidate will be a patient, empathetic and approachable person who works well within a team. The successful candidate will need to be able to communicate well with both adults and children, be well organised and have a good understanding of child development.
Why join us?:
The Two Counties Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large staff carpark. The school has exceptional facilities for staff and pupils, and you will be provided with high quality CPD throughout your time with us. Students really want to learn and achieve and in turn they have high expectations of their teachers and education support staff.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
Closing date for applications: 29 March 2020
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The offer of appointment will be subject to enhanced level DBS clearance, receipt of two good references and satisfactory completion of other vetting procedures.