Hazelwood is a friendly, vibrant independent school and nursery that works closely with parents to build strong partnerships to support and encourage every individual child. Our aim is to foster a real love of learning and thirst for knowledge in all our children.
We are looking for a skilled and qualified full time Nursery Practitioner with pre-school experience to work in our pre-school room, which is open for 50 weeks of the year. Working alongside our Room Leader and EY teacher, you will:
• hold a minimum NVQ level 3 in childcare
• have an excellent understanding of the EYFS and child development
• be able to plan for children's development
• have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Practitioner in a childcare setting
• work well as a team member
We value our staff and offer:
• a highly competitive salary
• 6 weeks paid holiday per annum
• pension scheme
• free staff lunches
• well-resourced and spacious working environment
• commitment to professional development
• opportunities within the school environment
• ability to add responsibility earnings to your salary
• free on-site parking
We are within easy walking distance of Oxted train station, which has excellent links to East Croydon and London.
The closing date will remain open until the position is filled, so early application is advised.
Hours of work - 42.5 hours per week on a rota basis (paid 40 hours per week).
Hazelwood School is committed to Child Protection and the successful candidates will be required to obtain an enhanced DBS Certificate, through Hazelwood, prior to starting work. Hazelwood School promotes British Values.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age Up to 13 years
Hazelwood School is an independent preparatory school for boys and girls aged 2½ - 13 years old. The School was founded in 1890 on its stunning 26 acre woodland site overlooking the Surrey Downs.
Each child is encouraged to discover their own pot...