We are looking for a energetic qualified Nursery Teacher to join our strong and supportive team.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
We can offer opportunities across all key stages (EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2), and there will be excellent opportunities for progression and promotion. We may be able to offer leadership roles to the right candidates.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree
- Someone who can model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children
- A person with the potential and ambition to undertake phase or core subject leadership
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- Someone who will contribute to the wider life at the academy
- A teacher who will maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Innovation, high levels of motivation and eagerness to take a lead
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of our staff team
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred
Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred is a three-form entry academy with 52-place nursery located in the heart of Chafford Hundred: a modern development bordering Lakeside and Thurrock, serving a vibrant and diverse community. Chafford Hundred has good links to central London as well as being accessible from Kent and Essex. The school was graded as Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted in October 2018 when Inspectors reported being particularly impressed by the academy’s ‘high expectations of what pupils can achieve’ and recognised mathematics, writing and art as particular strengths. We offer each child an education, which inspires and prepares them for academic and personal success, both now and in the future. Our shared belief is that children thrive when they feel consistently happy and safe at school and our commitment to excellence is encapsulated in our vision statement: "Excellence, Every child, Every day." Our staff and Governors share this vision and work together to see that every child reaches their potential.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred?
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work, with children who are bright, confident and eager to learn
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Harris Federation stands as the leading large Multi Academy Trust for both primary and secondary education in Greater London. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers is paramount to what we do. Social mobility has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation, which is why we have continuously set out to transform standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining us. We are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education in order to nurture their individual potential. Join us in creating spaces of learning where children everywhere are nurtured for their potential and given the tools necessary to shape their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.