About the role: Langley Park Primary Academy are looking to recruit an experienced Nursery Teacher to join their newly established team. The Academy have had a fantastic start having opened at the beginning of September 2016 and we are now looking to expand the EYFS team. This is a great opportunity to join us and make a real impact, providing outstanding education opportunities for all of our pupils. You must be able to plan highly effective learning opportunities that meet the needs of all children. Excellent classroom management skills and high expectations of all pupils are essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and new assessment framework.
Please note that as our Nursery is open throughout the summer break, we will conduct interviews on a rolling basis so please do not hesitate in submitting your application.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a graduate with QTS
- Has evidence of outstanding practice as a classroom teacher
- Has high levels of success in teaching across all stages of the primary sector
- Has the highest expectations of pupils and themselves
- Is enthusiastic, imaginative and forward thinking
- Has the ability to inspire, motivate and engage children to achieve and succeed
- Is able to form positive relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
In return we will offer you:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining an LAT Academy
- A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
- A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
The specific roles and responsibilities of this role will be in line with the National Teaching Standards.
Working for the Academy: Leigh Academies Trust were chosen by the Regional Schools Commissioner as the successful sponsor to operate the brand new Langley Park Primary Academy. The new Academy will open in brand new facilities in September 2016 and is built under ‘Basic Need’ to address rising pupil numbers across the area. The School will be for two forms of entry and will comprise a nursery, specialist centre for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders and community use facilities.
The Academy is based in a new development of housing in South East Maidstone. Importantly, the new Academy is just a very short drive from three primary academies already operated by LAT: Molehill, Oaks and Tree Tops. Once complete, Langley Park will join LAT’s group of primary academies in South Maidstone under the leadership of Debbie Biggenden as Lead Principal. All four schools will be part of LAT’s developing Central Kent Cluster.
Being part of the Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff better access to career opportunities as the Trust is committed to developing and promoting from within wherever possible. We also want the Trust to be an organisation where people can enjoy teaching and become the type of teacher they aspire to be. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.