Nurture and Wellbeing Teacher (Fixed Term until 24 June 2021) - PKC07159
£27,498 - £41,412
Our Lady's RC Primary School, Perth
As Nurture and Wellbeing Teacher, you will work to identify and evaluate the effectiveness of providing outreach support to meet the needs of children, who have challenges within their mainstream class. These children may, for a variety of reasons have missed out on the early learning experiences which promote good development and readiness to learn. Your duties will include planned and time limited early intervention along with positive engagement with families and carers supports children to progress and re-engage positively with their class.
Other duties will be:
- To provide support to children with social, emotional and wellbeing needs.
- To provide a child-centred, nurturing and flexible environment to support a small group of children who have difficulty settling into school and forming positive relationships.
- To identify and evaluate evidence based interventions that can support social, emotional and wellbeing needs.
- To contribute to meeting the needs of children across the school using nurturing approaches to address the barriers to children fulfilling their potential.
- To provide outdoor learning experiences for children with social, emotional and wellbeing needs.
Please note the successful applicant will be required to attain the necessary paperwork from https://sces.org.uk to obtain RC approval from the Catholic Church Authorities.
Please be advised that interviews for this vacancy will be held virtually on Microsoft Teams.
If you would like any more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Lynne Mendes, Head Teacher on 01738 477570 or at Ourladys@pkc.gov.uk
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details for two referees, including email addresses. One should be your current or most recent employer. If you are already employed as a teacher with Perth & Kinross Council, you are only required to provide 1 reference, which must be from your current Head Teacher.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.
Our Lady's RC Primary
Perth and Kinross
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of age 3 - 12 years