Closing Dates: Wednesday 21st March 2018
Salary: MPS (plus allowance for appropriate SEND qualifications)
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: September 2018
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels? - Ofsted 2015
Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high” - Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014
The Petchey Academy is currently seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial individuals to work within the Enterprise and Innovation Department
Outstanding Nurture Group Teacher wanted for an exceptional school
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial teacher to work at our academy. We are looking for a candidate who is committed to maintaining the high standards set within The Petchey Academy.
Purpose of post
To oversee the smooth transition for students whose prior learning and attainment are not initially suited to secondary education. This will be achieved through taking responsibility for teaching Year 7 and 8 curriculum, focussing on literacy with identified groups of students, including the Nurture group and students with lower KS2 prior attainment.
- To teach nurture group and SEN pupils in years 7 and 8 in literacy-based English and Humanities.
- To promote teaching and learning styles which stimulate pupil interest and involvement in learning.
- To ensure the learning environment reflects the subject area and high quality Teaching and Learning.
What we are looking for:
· QTS status and good honours degree in either English or primary education
· Evidence of your commitment to your own high quality professional development
· A willingness to contribute to the wider life of the academy
· Experience in working within a primary or secondary school setting
· Experience of working with and teaching pupils with SEN
We can offer you:
· The opportunity to be part of a growing academy in the centre of Hackney’s thriving community
· Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
· Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy
· An excellent benefits package
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Sir Jack Petchey CBE, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!”
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please also note that as part of the academy’s safer recruitment procedure successful candidate will undergo the enhanced DBS check.
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk vacancies section