The Nurture Teacher post is a permanent post that will work within a specialist nurture class and the wider school community, to meet the needs of children across the primary age range, who have a range of nurturing needs and require additional targetted support, to ensure that they reach their learning potential.
As the successful post holder, you will work collaboratively with a range of internal and external staff, to provide planned and time limited early intervention, as well as establish positive engagement with families and carers to support children within their wider community.
You will be able to demonstrate a range of experience of working with pupils who have social, emotional and behavioural needs, as well as evidence key personal attributes of care, compassion and excellent relationships.
The purpose of the job is:
• To provide support to primary school pupils with social, emotional and wellbeing needs, within a specialist nurture class and the wider school community.
• To assess, plan and monitor for children who require targetted approaches that support their well being.
• To use and develop evidence based interventions that can support social, emotional and wellbeing needs within school.
• To contribute to meeting the needs of children across the school using nurturing approaches to address the barriers to children fulfilling their potential.
• To work collaboratively with a range of staff to support the wellbeing of children within school.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Closing date: 20/09/2019
Rattray Primary School, Rattray, Blairgowrie