Who we are:
The National Autistic Society is the UK’s leading charity for autistic people. Since 1962, we’ve been transforming lives, changing attitudes and helping to create a society that works for autistic adults and children.
We transform lives by providing support, guidance and practical advice for the 700,000 autistic adults and children in the UK, as well as their three million family members and carers. Autistic people turn to us at key moments or challenging times in their lives, be it getting a diagnosis, going to school or finding work.
We change attitudes by improving public understanding of autism and the difficulties many autistic people face. We also work closely with businesses, local authorities and government to help them provide more autism-friendly spaces, deliver better services and improve laws.
We have come a long way but it is not good enough. There is still so much to do to increase opportunities, reduce social isolation and build a brighter future for people on the spectrum. With your help, we can make it happen.
What we can offer you:
• Pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave
• Excellent induction, training and development programme including training about autism and opportunities to attend our conferences
• Online staff discount scheme for a range of benefits (cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan)
• Access to a 24-hour employee assistance programme
Here at Thames Valley School we have an exciting opportunity to join our transdisciplinary team as an Occupational Therapist. This role would suit someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about supporting our students within our school.
You would become part of an existing dedicated team of therapists within the organisation, including an advanced Occupational Therapist, who strive to deliver best practice at all times. You will be responsible for evaluating children’s abilities, presenting findings in reports and setting collaborative goals with those that support the student. Your role would also include opportunities to deliver training, support environmental modifications as well as direct group and individual therapy sessions. You will be supported to be confident in representing Occupational Therapy within annual reviews, team meetings etc. along with facilitating positive outcomes for our students
You must hold a recognised Occupational Therapy qualification and be registered with the HCPC.
• Embrace the changing landscape in specialist education and oversee the development and operational management of the school with the support of the UK’s leading charity for autistic people.
• Create a distinctive culture and philosophy so that from the moment a person enters the building they will know this is a school where pupils are respected, achieve beyond what is expected, are empowered to make positive choices about their own lives and have rich and varied experiences.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities (including those of innovation and vision), as well as demonstrating specialist autism knowledge (through experience and practice).
For more information about this role and to receive a full Job Description please email Francesca Tuveri firstname.lastname@example.org
Thames Valley School is part of the network of free schools and academies owned and operated by the NAS Academies Trust, a company limited by guarantee in England (No 7954396