Support Services for Education
1608 hours per annum – Your contract will be equivalent to full time hours of 37 hours per week but on an annualised hours basis. This can include evenings and weekends and will be spread over your contract. These hours include your holiday and bank holiday entitlement
Salary: £17,772 - £20,138 pro rata – and over night enhancements
Fixed Term Contract – February 2018 until November 2018
We are looking to appoint an experienced and motivated individual to join our staff team as an off-site instructor. Somerset Outdoor Residential Learning Service is the largest provider of Outdoor Education in Somerset and enjoys a reputation for high quality and standards.
About the Job
Our centres offer courses in a number of exciting outdoor activities and are situated in fantastic positions across Somerset with immediate access to a variety of outdoor locations. This post is predominantly situated at our Charterhouse Centre on the Mendip Hills.
You will be an experienced and enthusiastic outdoor instructor with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and will work with our wide range of customers. This role will involve working some evenings, overnights and weekends. Accommodation may be available.
You will deliver a range of activities in a residential setting, from pond dipping and shelter building to climbing and caving. You will need to hold a minimum of 3 NGB qualifications and a minibus licence /D1 is desirable.
For more information or an informal discussion about this post please contact Tom Darlington on 01761 462267 or visit www.kilvecourt.co.uk/charterhouse.
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
· A Local Government Pension Scheme.
· Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
· My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
· A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
· Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
· Staff discounts in gyms.
· Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
· Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
To see the full job details and to download and submit an application form, please visit http://dasjobs.co.uk/job/off-site-instructor-3/ and click Apply Now.
CV’s are not accepted for this role.
Please quote job reference no: 10591/AB
Closing date: 07/12/2017
Interview date: Week commencing 18/12/17