37.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
The Nishkam ethos is to create a selfless mind-set, to go beyond ourselves to serve others, create supportive communities and to realise our true potential.
The Office Assistant is responsible for delivering a high level of customer service and administrative duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reception & General Administration
- Maintain a welcoming environment and arrange hospitality for visitors ensuring that the reception area is maintained and all equipment is appropriately stored
- Responsible for the answering of the Trust switchboard
- Answer telephone calls in a polite and courteous manner and promptly forward messages to relevant members of staff within the Trust
- Receive and disseminate post and parcels within the Trust
- Assists with the mailing and distribution of various documents and communication.
- Using Microsoft to process various documents, reports and letters
- Photocopy, scan and e-mail documents
- File and record information
- Supervise the signing in and out of all visitors
- Assist in the preparation of training materials/ presentations
- Arrange and prepare meetings, take confidential minutes if required
- Monitoring the enquiries e-mail address
- Attendance: Absence monitoring, reporting and statistics (all schools across the Trust)
- Ensure that copies of all new staff contracts, contract variations and other HR transactions are checked and filed correctly in the individuals’ Personnel files.
- Create new staff files
- Archive files for leavers
- Collate and prepare candidate information packs/interview packs as and when required.
- Update and distribute the Recruitment Schedule
- Prepare/printing pre-employment packs for new starters, ready for posting
- Create and maintain a spreadsheet of probationary periods, fixed term contract dates to allow HR to follow the necessary process
- Processing invoices for the Trust
- Checking statement of accounts
- Contacting suppliers for copy invoices from the statement of accounts
- Updating financial systems
- Monitoring the invoice e-mail addresses
- Producing purchase order reports, in preparation for weekly sign off
- Analysing reports/payment run
- Assisting the Financial Controller as and when required
- Sending relevant documents in a timely manner to the Finance Department
- Adhering to deadlines set
- Filing and maintaining requisition forms
- Check and mark off deliveries against the delivery note for the Trust office
- Main stock control for the Trust office
- Supporting the procurement process as and when required
Support for the Trust
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Trust
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
To undertake any other duties reasonably requested by the Trust.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS disclosure.
Please download the application pack at www.nishkamschool.org/recruitment
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm, Thursday 1st December 2016
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Friday 2nd December 2016 to attend an interview.