Reporting to: Office Manager and Headmistress
Hours of Work: Mon-Thurs 7:45am-4:30pm, Fri 7:45am-3:30pm.
Salary: £33-£35k, depending on experience
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme ("LGPS"), London Borough of Brent
Holiday: 30 days plus bank holidays (to be taken during school holidays)
Michaela Community School is an exciting and successful free school that opened in September 2014 and is rated Outstanding by Ofsted. The ambition of our vibrant and energetic team is to transform the lives of all children, including those from disadvantaged backgrounds. We have 600 pupils from years 7 to 11 and 70 Year 12s in a new Sixth Form.
We are a high-functioning, fast-paced school office. We are looking for someone who takes multi-tasking to a different level; someone who is bright, highly organised, has attention to detail and deals well under pressure. You will be expected to lead and direct the members of the office team. You will be personable, assertive and proactive. You must be a driving force and a real leader.
● To support the Office Manager in the general running of the office, and direction of the office team
● To compile letters/documents as requested
● To provide general administrative support, including photocopying, other reprographics, completing standard forms, responding to routine correspondence, distributing information around the school
● Be responsible for the school inbox
● Update the Visitor Letter display book regularly
• Responsible for raising Purchase Orders and the processing of supplier invoices (you will be given full training on SAGE)
o Checking supplier invoices to Purchase Orders and goods received notes, ensuring appropriate authorisation and payment in accordance with agreed terms
• Investigating and resolving supplier invoices under query
• Raising of Sales invoices
• Dealing with queries from suppliers (including statements), debtors, budget holders and other School staff
• Maintaining high standards when managing confidential information, complying with the school’s data protection procedures and legal requirements at all times.
• Chasing overdue orders, arranging returns and ensuring that refunds or credit notes are received
• Filing, archiving, photocopying, etc. Maintaining filing system of financial reports.
• Providing administrative support to the Finance Manager
● Setting up new pupils on Parent Pay
● Setting up new payment items e.g. school trips, revision guides, music lessons
● Creating the payment schedule in line with the school calendar
● Be responsible for all correspondence relating to payments
● Chase payments and report back to Senior Team and other relevant staff
Michaela Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Michaela Community School is an equal opportunities employer.
• Demonstrable experience of leading a team Essential
• Experience of working on own initiative Essential
• Experience of the use of a wide range of computer software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, databases) Essential
• Knowledge/experience of Education sector and/or schools Desirable
2. Special abilities / aptitudes
• Flexibility and ability to work as part of and to contribute to the school administrative team Essential
• Interpersonal skills - dealing with parents, students, colleagues and outside agencies Essential
• Ability to deal sensitively and in confidence with a wide range of issues relating to working practices Essential
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing. Essential
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage own workload, with strong time management skills Essential
• Ability to multi-task Essential
• Ability to type quickly and accurately Essential
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work methodically, ensuring attention to detail Essential
3. Other job specific requirements
• Commitment to the Authority’s Equal Opportunities Policy and acceptance of their responsibility for its practical application. Essential
4. Education and Training
• Educated to degree level Desirable