BRENTSIDE HIGH SCHOOL
Start date: as soon as possible
Contract; 35 hours a week (term time 37.5 hours and flexi hours in holidays), full time with 25 days holiday.
Grade 7 point range 29 to 31 £27,666.00 to £29,364.00
We are seeking an exceptional individual to lead the school’s administration team as Office Manager at Brentside High School reporting directly to the School Business Manager. The key responsibilities of the role are to:
• Be responsible for and manage the operation and delivery of administration support services within the school.
• Be responsible for the management of and planning, development and monitoring of administrative and front office support services.
• Be responsible for management of staff, including commissioning and delegation of relevant activities.
• Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
For full role details please see the Job Description and Person Specification. This is a full time role throughout the year.
The successful candidate will be highly organised and enthusiastic. They will have had experience of managing a busy office and administrative team, preferably in a school environment. The ideal candidate will be able to organise, plan and progress activities and projects using their own initiative and judgement ensuring that systems, process and procedures are effective and efficient within the team.
In addition they will be someone who takes an interest in the wider organisation around them and proactively seeks ways to improve operations in their own area of work and beyond. Key skills that the candidate will have:
• Intermediate to Advance level use of the Microsoft Office suite (to be tested at interview)
• Communicating confidently and appropriately with colleagues, senior managers and members of the public.
• Ability to prioritise, multi-task and manage time effectively.
• Ability to forward plan and work on own initiative. • Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate.
• Ability to develop systems, process and procedures
• Experience of effectively managing and support administration team using performance management.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Further information can be found at www.gov.uk/dbs Application forms can be downloaded from the school's website: http://www.brentsidehigh.ealing.sch.uk/89/staff-vacancies Please return application and personal statement to Mrs T Roach email@example.com
Closing date: 17 November 2017, by midday
Contact for enquiries Neena Bahd, School Business Manager