Princess May is a two form entry school in a vibrant area of the London Borough of Hackney, situated between Stoke Newington and Dalston. We currently have 368 pupils on roll, including a nursery, a high number of which are eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant. The school is fully inclusive, with very strong community support and engagement. A strong teaching and learning team ensure that each child reaches their full potential, regardless of background or economic barriers. This is our core purpose. The successful candidate will work to ensure that this important work is efficiently and competently supported.
We are looking for...
- An experienced, dynamic and proactive Office Manager to drive the front office to be outstanding in all areas.
- The individual will have the drive and ability to lead and manage the office and provide an excellent service to staff, students and visitors.
- A proven team leader, who is resilient and confident in decision making, able to work under pressure, possess an eye for detail and be able to motivate others and be fully supported by an experienced Business Manager.
You will have...
- At least 2 years’ experience in working within a school office environment [primary or secondary].
- Educated to NVQ4 or degree level.
- Knowledge of SIMS (attendance and admissions).
- Ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing and demanding environment and remain professional at all times.
- Ability to manage a busy environment, lead, motivate and inspire a team of staff to deliver a warm and welcoming front of house for pupils, staff and visitors.
- Excellent communication skills and will demonstrate a clear understanding of the need for effective operational management required for a busy school environment.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact email@example.com to arrange a suitable time or telephone the school office on 020 7254 1589 for an informal and confidential conversation with the Headteacher or Business Manager.
Shortlisting: As and when candidates apply
Interview and assessment day: As and when a suitable candidates shortlisted
Closing date: When suitable candidate has been appointed
Start date: Negotiable
Please submit your application form on tes or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Princess May Primary School is an equal opportunities employer.
Job reference: Office Manager