• Ensure that equipment and computerised systems are in good order. Liaise with outside agencies regarding maintenance and service for appropriate systems.
• Implement office procedures to ensure confidentiality and security of information and adherence to the Data Protection Act.
• Provide an administration support service to the Head Teacher and the Leadership team.
• Supervise administration staff on a day to day basis. Assist the Academy Business Manager in dealing with administrative support functions in relation to the induction of new clerical staff, monitoring and reporting on progress.
• Undertake the production of information including school correspondence and newsletters.
• Maintain the administrative side of the school website, ensuring regular updates are complete.
• Ensure that the School’s asset register is up to date.
• Responsible for the management of cleaning staff.
• Responsible for the management of the Administrative Staff.
• To support the Academy Business Manager to manage the recruitment procedures for all staff, managing the recruitment process by drafting adverts, job descriptions and application packs, ensuring MAT and national procedures are adhered to (e.g. DBS, Equal Opportunities, and DfE guidelines for teaching personnel).
• To issue application forms, arrange interviews, deal with references
• Complete all Pre-Employment checks and initial offer letter.
• To liaise with external organisations to ensure that appropriate clearances for new staff and volunteers is received, to include medical checks, qualification and child protection checks.
• To be responsible for the induction, training and development of the clerical team
• To develop and maintain CPD records, sourcing training courses and placing bookings on behalf of staff. Maintain budget tracking against the annual training plan to identify opportunities and needs for staff training. Liaise with other academies, schools and training providers to ensure best value is found for all training courses.
• To advise the Academy Business Manager, Headteacher or Assistant Head if other staff members are required to help with lunchtime supervision.
• To be responsible for recording and completion of all staff absenteeism and liaising with the Academy Business Manager when a sickness absence trigger has been hit
• To arrange supply cover
• To ensure the timely completion of all relevant forms and variations and submit to payroll and central team.
• To manage the Single Central Record in a timely manner and ensuring all documentation has been acquired
• To ensure the Academy’s compliance with safeguarding and Child Protection.
• Complete annual pupil CENSUS and Workforce CENSUS and ensure all data is regularly updated.
• Ensure integrity of data retention schedules within the academy
• Ensure compliance with GDPR regulations within the office
In accordance with the approved procedures for the MAT and financial regulations, oversee and support the Administrative Assistant:
• To ensure all invoices for amounts due to the academy are raised by the Admin Assistant in a timely manner and that all amounts due are received.
• To receive invoices, raise payments lists and process invoice payments
• To supervise the processing of money received on a daily basis, and ensure this is recorded as per audit requirements.
• To monitor Parent Pay for outstanding dinner money, ensuring reminders for payment are sent out to parents in a timely manner.
• To manage the Academies financial system in accordance with agreed policies and timetables, ensuring accurate financial records are maintained and reporting on a regular basis to the Finance Business Manager, and Central MAT Finance team as required.
• To support the production of monthly budget reports highlighting any discrepancies of over/ under spends.
• To undertake financial year end processes in preparation for audit, in accordance with Central instructions for all academy funds, ensuring all relevant evidence is filed appropriately for audit purposes.
• To process petty cash payments
• To process parent pay receipts
• To be responsible for ensuring all monies received are recorded correctly and banked promptly in accordance with financial procedures.
• To assist the Academy Business Manager to process monthly payroll transactions, ensuring all staff are paid correctly and that additional claims have been appropriately authorised.
• Ensure the upkeep of the finance filing system and arrange shredding of old paperwork in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate initiative in improving the quality of service provided by support staff within the school.
• To be responsible for the implementation of the Health and Safety policies
• Ensure procedures are undertaken in relation to authorisation for school medicals and ensure staff are aware of procedures for contacting parents in the events of illness or accident.
• Oversee the administration of school trips including arrangements for insurance cover, transport / venue booking.
• Ensure the clerical processes related to pupil attendance and absences are undertaken and records maintained accurately on the SIMS attendance module. Ensure the completion of returns regarding authorised and unauthorised absence.
• Maintain information contained within the school prospectus and Annual Reports to parents. Ensure this information is provided and available on the required deadlines.
• Deal with the day to day arrangements relating to school services, building cleaning, catering, grounds maintenance and site maintenance and repair.
Manage the ordering of stock and stationery such as office supplies, ensuring that the orders are placed in good time to maintain the required levels.