About the Role:
As a global organisation, the Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) operates in over 150 countries and territories.
We are proud of and committed to sharing our history, and the history of those we commemorate and their stories. We are looking for an established and respected Historian who will share this ethos and be a confident and credible advocate of our work in public settings.
This role offers either a full-time position or 3 days a week, allowing you to pursue personal projects for the remaining 2 days.
Your work will be instrumental in supporting the development of collaborations and research opportunities with heritage and historical institutions and articulating our mission, enhancing our reputation, through public speaking, publication and media representation.
You will have a PhD in History with expertise across history of the First and Second World Wars, be an experienced communicator with high profile media experience and have proven experience of doctoral research and publication.
What We Can Offer You:
- 25 days annual leave, pro rata
- Paid public holidays, one paid ‘privilege day’, plus paid office shutdown for the afternoon of Maundy Thursday and between Christmas and New Year
- Generous ‘Pension Quality Mark’ Pension, with CWGC contributing up to 13% of gross salary
- Life and Travel Assurance
- Employee Contribution Awards
- Sickness Pay and Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- Additional benefits including cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, shopping discounts and free eye tests
- Professional subscriptions where relevant
How To Apply:
Please send your cover letter, CV and completed application form to email@example.com, clearly stating whether you are applying for the full-time or part-time position.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time once we receive sufficient applications and encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.