Whickham School wishes to appoint a number of one to one tutors for this current academic year.
Salary: £25 per hour for those with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent or £15 ph for non QTS
The ideal candidate(s) will have the ability to teach creatively adapting to the needs of each learner and must have good core subject knowledge. You must be open minded / non-judgemental and have the ability to build a rapport quickly in order to achieve the best results.
• Subject specific knowledge of English or Maths at KS4.
• A suitable qualification to level 4 or above.
• You must be able to transport yourself to the pupils home.
• Hold qualified teacher status, or are a qualified HE or FE teacher.
• A track record of effective teaching.
• Experience of tutoring English or Maths.
This role would be particularly suited to those who wish to have a degree of flexibility in their working arrangements. It is anticipated that tutoring will take place at pupils’ homes during the evening or weekends. Parents will be expected to be at home during tutoring times.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake enhanced DBS checks.
For further information please contact Lloyd Wood at Whickham School on 0191 4960026.