Do you want to have a meaningful, positive impact on the lives of vulnerable young people?
Vision for Education SEND are a specialist recruitment department that focus solely on recruiting teaching professionals for Alternative Provisions and Special Schools in the Bury Area.
We are currently recruiting successful tutors to work with Looked after Children. You will be responsible for the educational development of a cohort of LAC, under your supervision within Greater Manchester LEA's. You will be part of a team of multiple agencies that contribute towards supporting LAC that require intervention to avoid pupils going missing within education.
You will be required to be patient, calm and empathetic, and hold the ability to engage young people and motivate them to achieve. This role will require you to work on a flexible basis with pupils to build positive, professional relationships and help children overcome barriers to learning. Each pupil's timetable is tailor made to cater to their individual needs and interests; therefore you will be required to be adaptable and think on your feet.
The designated tutor will:
* Promote a relationship based on high expectations (in relation to IEP), encouraging the pupil to consistently partake in pre-planned lesson activities;
* Successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around the pupil's IEP;
* Make reasonable adjustments to session delivery where necessary;
* Have a motivating impact on the pupils under their supervision;
* Understand the role in relation to the wider statutory responsibilities of the LEA.
* Producing weekly timetables;
* Reporting weekly a summary of student's engagement and attainment;
* Recording and send accurate attendance figures;
* Liaising with school contacts and report any issues/concerns;
* Attending initial consultation/planning meetings;
* Attending pupil meetings and PEP/ LAC reviews.
It is essential that successful tutors:
* Have proven experience of instructing or teaching young people;
* Hold a full UK driving licence and has business insurance on their vehicle;
* Is comfortable travelling across Greater Manchester LEA's particularly within Bury;
* Has a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed IEP's for a Special Educational Need, with references as evidence ;
* Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
Should you wish to discuss the role further please contact the SEND team within Manchester.
The salary for this position will be dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Part-time and full-time roles available.
Roles to begin asap subject to clearance checks and tutors holding a DBS on the update service.