We're an Academy with a big heart. Staff work closely as a team and pride themselves on never giving up on a pupil. This is, however, a challenging environment where resilience and a deep commitment to supporting young people with Special Educational Needs are paramount.
Wishmore Cross Academy, part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), is a residential special school in Chobham, Surrey, for boys aged 9 to 16 years who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We can admit up to 70 boys and can offer up to 14 residential places (including extended days) on a flexible basis for up to 4 nights per week.
We firmly believe that Wishmore Cross is a very special place to work but we want you to come and visit us in person to see for yourself! Call 01276 857555 to arrange a time.
- We are looking for passionate, motivated and dedicated 1:1 tutors of English and/or Maths to work in partnership with teaching and other educational support staff.
- You will provide individual tuition for pupils, working with them as directed by teaching staff within a structured teaching situation or individually either at home or at one of our external sites in accordance with academy policies and procedures.
- The tutors will be based at the Academy but will be expected to travel to various locations to provide tutoring sessions. Where possible the Academy will provide a vehicle for travel but the successful candidate will have their own vehicle with business insurance should a vehicle not be available.
We can offer you:
- An extremely friendly, supportive and caring team who all work together
- An approachable and welcoming Senior Leadership team who are actively involved in the day to day running of the school
- Free school lunches
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent CPD courses including Safeguarding, MAPA and Health and Safety
- The opportunity to develop your education career; Wishmore Cross has a track record of developing, progressing and training up staff via the School Direct programme.
- Wellbeing - we provide experiences, social learning and formal programmes that enable staff to develop new skills, and to work, collaborate, learn and develop with colleagues across our large AET network. There is also regular support and supervision for staff to ensure they remain at the peak of their emotional well-being.
You will offer:
- Ideally you will have a degree and will have experience of working with children in a school environment.
- Some knowledge of specific learning difficulties and a variety of strategies to support children would be an advantage.
- We would particularly like to hear from graduates looking for work experience prior to teacher training.
In each of the AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes.
This position is required as soon as possible. Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible.
Closing date: Monday 18 February 2019
To apply today, please click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET are currently recruiting for School Direct Placements, please visit our website http://aetnationalteachingschoolalliance.org/ for further details.