Do you want to have a meaningful, positive impact on the lives of vulnerable young people?
Vision for Education SEND are a specialist recruitment department that focus solely on recruiting teaching professionals for Alternative Provisions and Special Schools in the Greater Manchester Area.
Working with the LEA, the successful candidate will be responsible for the educational development of a cohort of LAC under their supervision. This diverse role needs a patient, calm and empathetic person, who also has the ability to engage vulnerable young people and motivate them to achieve.
The designated teacher will:
* Promote a relationship based on high expectations (in relation to IEP), encouraging the pupil to consistently partake in pre-planned lesson activities.
* Successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around the pupil's IEP
* Ensure that they are responsive to their pupils' individual needs, by making reasonable adjustments to session delivery where necessary.
* Have a motivating impact on the pupils under their supervision.
* Understand the role in relation to the wider statutory responsibilities of the LEA.
It is essential that the designated teacher:
* Has at least 1 year experience delivering either one to one or sessional tuition , with references to evidence this
* Holds a full UK driving licence
* Is comfortable travelling with flexibility to travel to the majority of Greater Manchester LEA's where necessary
* Has a working knowledge of working with young people attributed IEP's for a Special Educational Need, with references as evidence
* Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
Successful candidates must be enthusiastic, committed and have a passion for teaching children.
As well as being part of this schools community, working with Vision for Education gives you access to:
Industry leading CPD e.g. Mental Health Awareness training; SEN in the Mainstream; Team Teach; Child Protection; Safeguarding.
Access to resources
Friendly and knowledgeable staff