Online Professional Development Coordinator
Cambridge, CB2 8EA, GB
Category: Administration and Customer Services
What it’s about
The Online Professional Learning team is responsible for the development and delivery of online professional training for teachers and school leaders in more than 100 countries.
The Online Professional Development Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining online courses and resources targeted at teachers and school leaders.
This role will suit someone with experience in online learning who is looking to develop their career within a very well-established organisation who can offer them stability and great opportunities for growth and development.
What you’ll be doing
Online course production
• Design, implement, improve and maintain courses and resources
• Administer the Learning Management System (Moodle)
• Ensure all technical support issues are resolved on time and in full
• Manage annual site upgrades
• Manage the scheduling and implementation of improvements to courses
• Design and implement improvements to user experience across Cambridge’s online professional development courses and resources
• Oversee the testing of all online courses and materials
• Manage commissions from external developers from sourcing to production of completed materials
• Manage the production of assets such as images, and video/audio footage
• Train team members on software used to produce courses
• Continually review and improve internal processes to achieve the tasks above
Identify new delivery methods for improved online learning
• Design and deliver customer feedback protocols and the analysis of output
• Recommend improvements to courses based on research and evaluation of the latest software solutions for online learning
• Identify ways to improve learner experience based on feedback from Cambridge’s users and research
• Liaise with internal stakeholders to identify new opportunities for online courses and support materials.
What we’re looking for
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Management and design of Moodle
• Expertise in relevant software including Office suite and a variety of web authoring tools
• Organisation and prioritisation
• Communication and presentation
• Flexibility and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
• Positive attitude, ability to work well under pressure and use own initiative
• Administration and design of Moodle LMS
• Online learning development and implementation
• Managing relationships with suppliers
• Giving presentations to colleagues or external stakeholders
• User Acceptance Testing
• Developing user procedures
• Using Adobe Suite applications to create assets e.g. images and documents
• Experience working in an international and/or educational institution
• Responsible, innovative, creative, efficient, collaborative, open, decisive.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 26/08/2019 and interviews will be held on 04/09/2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER