Salary/Grade: Apprentice rate £4.00 per hour £7,508 per annum
Reporting To: Operations Team Leader
Disclosure Level: Enhanced
Hours of Work: 36 hours a week
Leave: Annual leave is 24 days per year, based on a 5-day working week, plus Bank/Public Holidays. Leave will normally be taken during school holiday times.
The Operations Administrator will need to work flexibly and be prepared to carry out a variety of administrative tasks under the direction of the Operations Team Leader. The core functions of which will include student admissions, data processing, examinations, event management, communications, reprographic support, reception duties, and supporting with all aspects of day to day administrative processes all requiring high standards of accuracy.
The precise nature of duties and responsibilities may be varied from time to time to meet changing circumstances of the team but will include;
- To carry out routine administrative tasks.
- To respond to enquiries on the telephone, in person or by email in a professional manner.
- To use the MIS systems (such as SIMS) to access data for information purposes and to produce reports as directed by the Operations Team Leader.
- To create, use and maintain databases/spreadsheets according to the needs of the team.
- To assist with the organisation of meetings including producing agendas and taking notes or minutes when required.
- As and when required support the Senior Administrator/Operations Team Leader with the admissions procedures and accurately maintaining the student related information.
- To liaise with other Academy staff as may be required on matters relating to area of work, e.g. issues of admission information, registration of examination entries, responding to requests for reprographic support.
- Maintaining and keeping the Academy’s website up to date
- Create photographs of students and staff as required, including transition students for the purposes of ID passes.
- To prepare, produce, collect, collate, file and distribute documents e.g. attendance/ absence letters, exam certificates, student offers, references/Academy publications including the prospectus.
- To execute routine tasks including opening and distribution of mail, photocopying, faxing, sending and receiving e-mails, word processing and the distribution of documents following agreed procedures and timescales.
- To prepare all outgoing mail ready for collection. This includes franking all letters and parcels, calculating postage costs and keeping an accurate postage log.
- To support and assist with any of the periodic activities undertaken by the Operations team.
- To maintain effective administrative systems ensuring all paperwork is correctly filed and processed in accordance with agreed procedures.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description. Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers. The Academy will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.