We are recruiting for a Operations Associate to join our growing team supporting looked after young people (YP) and those with SEND.
This is a full time role and will be based in our office in Camden, London.
Who we are:
Targeted Provision are an alternative education provider who work with a variety of local authorities, care homes, and schools around the country to provide education support to the YP who need it most. Further info on us can be found at targetedprovision.com .
This role centre's around arranging specialist tuition support for the vulnerable YP across the country. This includes working directly with local authorities, parents / carers, and other stake holders to ensure the best possible outcome for the YP referred to us. Young people are referred to our service because they are not able to access main stream education. This is due to a variety of reasons, including but not limited to; Special Education Needs and Disabilities, they are looked after and have recently moved to a location where a school place is not readily available, they have emotional, behavioural or mental health needs.
It is then our job to ensure they are not left without any education by providing them with specialist tuition.
High Level Tasks:
- Managing and implementing tuition requests
- Ensuring a young person’s needs are being met
- Monitor ongoing tuition
- Liaising with our network of tutors
- Advising on the best support to offer specific YP
- Liaising with parents/carers to ensure their YP are accessing the support
- Admin based tasks including monitoring multiple inboxes
- Monitoring tutor quality
- The role is fast paced and requires strong multi tasking and organisational ability, as well as high levels of empathy and interpersonal skills.
- IT literacy and experience managing a busy inbox / calendars and multiple deadlines is a must.
- Our perfect candidate would have demonstrable experience working in a similarly fast paced “office" environment, as well as a personal passion for impact driven work.
- A knowledge and understanding of the education landscape in the U.K is desirable but not required, however, a drive to help young people is a fundamental requirement of this role.
Other requirements include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An up to date enhanced DBS (we can help you obtain this if needed)
- 2 professional references
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding in education
- Experience working for / with local authorities
- Knowledge of special education needs
- Experience delivering excellent customer service
The starting salary is £24k. Other benefits include flexible working options, 28 days holiday, an exciting office environment in the heart of Camden, access to training and development, and being involved in an exciting and fast growing Start-Up.
Please note that our recruitment process will be conducted inline with our safer recruitment and anti-discrimination policy and procedures.
21 Bonny Street, NW1 9PE