Founded in 2015, Le Régent is a Swiss boarding and day school with an international academic programme. Its modern campus in the heart of the Valais Alps in the stunning ski resort of Crans-Montana is designed for up to 300 students from Switzerland and around the world.
Le Régent follows a rigorous academic programme in English in preparation for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme while nurturing the individual talents of each student with its diverse extracurricular offering, including sports, arts, music and mountain activities.
Le Régent has been under the guidance of Institut Le Rosey (www.rosey.ch) since August 2019.
We are seeking to appoint an Outdoor Education intern for the 2021-2022 school year. This is a residential position from September 2021 until the end of June 2022. Duties may include:
After School Clubs (all terms)
- Lead two weekly activities, one in the Junior School and one in the Secondary School
- Assist in the management of registration lists for after school clubs
- Lead a Wednesday afternoon activity for the Junior School (autumn & summer)
- Lead a group of secondary students on the ski slopes depending on level (winter)
- Assist on the Forest School Programme
- Lead Junior School Weekend Activities
- Assist in the planning and execution of the Junior School Weekend Programme
- Participate in all Expedition Training and Expeditions
Outdoor Education Stores
- Maintain and clean on a regular basis
- Organise & update equipment and repair broken equipment
- Complete 6 monthly equipment checks
- Prepare expedition equipment and food for groups
- Sign in and out equipment during expedition season
School Day / Boarding Duties
To contribute to boarding provision through weekly duties and a contribution to the broader life of the school
Following the UK’s exit from the EU, the Agreement on the Free Movement of Persons (AFMP) between Switzerland and the EU no longer applies to the UK, and UK nationals are considered third-state nationals (who, contrary to most third-state nationals, do not require a visa in order to enter Switzerland). Unfortunately, regulations to obtain a work permit are considerably tighter for third-state nationals than they are for most Europeans; getting a job offer is just one step of many. Preference has always been given to Swiss nationals, foreign nationals with a Swiss residence permit (C, B, L, S, or F ) and EU/EFTA citizens/permit holders, where candidates are equally qualified; unfortunately, this rule now applies to UK nationals.
This vacancy is advertised on the WorkSwiss and EURES platforms.
Le Régent International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years