Smart Teachers is recruiting for an Outreach Home Tutor to work 2:1 with a student at both school and in their home. The student is currently at a secondary school but will slowly be transitioning to be schooled at his home. The Outreach Home Tutor will be working a couple of days at the school and a couple days within the home until the full transition in September 2020. The successful Outreach Home Tutor must have previous experience working with special needs (ideally with Autism). The student is non-verbal, so the ideal candidate will have knowledge of different ways of engaging and teaching the student. The family works with a number of different specialists and so will provide training of the current therapies they are using. This is a full-time, permanent role to start in February 2020.
About the Role
• Outreach Home Tutor
• Working with a secondary student with Autism (non-verbal)
• Will be working 2:1 (working with another teacher)
• Based at a secondary school in Kensington and Chelsea and a home in Westminster
• Must have previous experience teaching students with special needs
• Opportunity to go on holidays with the family (all expenses paid for)
• Family works with a number of specialists who will assist with training
• Must be flexible and organised
• Will also be assisting the student with life skills
• Full-time, permanent role to start February 2020
• Annual salary starting from £35000 (dependent on experience)
In order to be considered for this role, the Outreach Home Tutor will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVCOUTHT
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.