Outreach Support Worker
£9.77 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
Vision for Education are currently recruiting for Outreach Support Workers on behalf of a specialist provision to provide support to young people who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) within the community. The role is to begin on supply basis working 8.30-4.30 Monday-Friday.
Because of the vulnerable nature and complications that go along with some of the students, this person must have a good understanding and level of training with regard to safeguarding procedures.
To be considered for the Outreach Support Worker position, you will:
- Experience of working with young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- Driving Licence and their own vehicle
- A caring, patient and empathetic nature
- Experience of developing and implementing IEPs
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Full working knowledge of relevant polices/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Working knowledge of national/foundation stage curriculum and other relevant learning programmes/strategies
- Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 0191 229 1386.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Supply agency