Smart Teachers is recruiting for an Outreach Teacher / Community Learning Teacher to work on a part-time basis in the Bromley area of South East London. This role will be to work with challenging students from Year 9 to Year 13. This role will be best suited to a driver, because a lot of time will be spent off-site teaching. The successful candidate will be resilient, confident and comfortable teaching students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
About the Role
• Outreach Teacher / Community Learning Teacher
• Part time teaching / tuition role
• ASAP start
• Temporary to permanent contract
• Salary range from £18,000-£22,000 dependent upon experience
• To work with small groups of children from Year 9 through to Year 13
• Teaching and planning for core subjects, such as English and Maths
• Unqualified teachers will be considered for this position
About the School
• An academy for children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs
• Large modern building catering for 70 children across years 9 to 13.
• The primary need at this school is SEMH, however there are additional needs such as Speech, Language & Communication difficulties, autism and ADHD.
• Several specialist workrooms, including a well-equipped food tech room, a multi-functional construction workshop comprised over three separate rooms and a mechanics area for motor works.
• Each class has up to 7 or 8 children, with 2 or 3 adults
In order to be considered for this role, the Outreach Teacher / Community Learning Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS (preferred)
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Unqualified teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD50829.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.