Southfield School is looking for a creative and energetic teacher to provide outreach services to mainstream schools in DSPL 5. We need a highly skilled, experienced and adaptable teacher with a strong background in SEN. Our successful candidate will have high expectations and a flexible approach. They will have successful experience of supporting colleagues to develop inclusive practice which enables them to improve outcomes for pupils with SEN. The core duties of this role will include
- Acting as Outreach teacher for two days per week (with an additional 1 day teaching commitment at Southfield).
- Providing advice, strategies, resources and or training, which enable staff to support SEN children through inclusive approaches with the aim of achieving improved educational outcomes.
- Providing schools with a concise report which summarises the work undertaken as above, which can be shared with parents, staff within the setting and other services as appropriate.
- Supporting schools to carry out individual pupil assessments and to develop their own skills in carrying out appropriate assessments of pupils with complex and significant SEN.
- Providing training and advice to mainstream colleagues through outreach, inreach, staff meetings and workshops (some may be delivered as twilight sessions)
Candidates from both special and mainstream education are welcome to apply. What matters to us is that you have the skills to support and motivate other staff, great communication skills, a positive commitment to removing barriers to learning, and the passion to aim high for all pupils.
We are a friendly, supportive and skilled staff team and work closely with parents and professionals from a number of other fields.
Southfield is a good school (Ofsted Oct 2015) and our plans are focused on securing a judgement of outstanding. We need aspirational teachers, who are highly committed to school improvement.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Linda Dyball on O1707 276504.
Southfield is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All vacancies will be subject to DBS checks and satisfactory references
The closing date for this vacancy is 23rd November 2018. The post will commence as soon as possible.
Interview date: To be arranged
Southfield is a primary school for up to 80 pupils with Complex Learning Difficulties which include, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Speech Language and Communication Difficulties, and ADHD. It is situated in South Hatfield. In November 2015 we received a judgment of 'Good' under the new Ofsted inspection framework. This judgment reflects the commitment of both pupils, staff and the wider school community to 'learning together'. Our pupils are engaging and unique and have a wide range of abilities and needs. We follow the EYFS and National Curriculum and adapt these to meet the individual interests and needs of our pupils. We use a wide range of approaches and strategies to support learning including multi sensory approaches, Makaton,PECS, SCERTS,social stories,TEACCH approaches and Hertfordshire Steps amongst others.
Everone matters, everyone achieves and everyday counts
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com