Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Outreach Tutor to join our successful teaching team and work to support a bespoke package of education in place for young people (KS3 & KS4) who are unable to access an education setting in Leigh and the surrounding areas. The package is full time or part time depending on the needs of the young person and is delivered on a 1:1 basis.
The desired Outreach Tutor will be required to deliver Maths and English as minimum, but a bespoke curriculum can be delivered in line with student interests and your teaching qualifications and experience.
You will be required to produce weekly reports of each student’s engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures, and attend pupil meetings and PEP/LAC reviews. Due to the nature of the role, suitable candidates will need to be comfortable liaising with school contacts to gain schemes of work, report any issues or concerns when necessary and share appropriate information with external agencies involved in supporting the needs of the young person.
The role would be suitable for both NQTs and experienced Teachers, but the role would ideally require someone who has experience of supporting and motivating students in accessing education and overcoming barriers to learning.
The work is commissioned by Alternative Provisions which have high standards and expect the best provision for the children under their care.
To be considered for the position of Outreach Tutor, you will:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS/QTLS)
• Have experience teaching English and Maths
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Tutors
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
• Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCP’s for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence.
• Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Manchester SEND team on 0161 641 3743.