Outstanding Business Studies and Economics Subject Leader (Secondary)
Kings’ is a leader in outstanding, private, progressive, English Curriculum education in the UAE.
We are looking for a dynamic Subject Leader to join our successful team from September 2017. This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a creative and innovative environment. The successful candidate will be welcomed into a team that fosters pedagogical discussion and aims to make their subject accessible to all pupils. A passion for Business Studies and Economics and personal and professional development is essential. A proven track record of success at Key Stage 4 and 5 is required, where students achieve and make sustained progress as a result of our ‘Every Child Matters’ ethos.
In return we offer you the opportunity to work with our remarkable students and colleagues, where your leadership of the department and your contribution to the school as a whole, will be valued. We invite you to join us in our commitment to inspire every student with the skills, resilience, independence and confidence they need to achieve their potential.
The successful candidate will teach across year groups and prepare students for GCSE and A level examinations. This is a tremendous opportunity for an existing Subject Leader to join the school and further develop their career.
We are looking for:
- Experience of working in a successful school that follows the UK National Curriculum at KS3, IGCSE / GCSE at KS4 and A Levels at KS5.
- A proven track record of outstanding teaching at all levels and at the 11-18 age range.
- Evidence of implementation of subject initiatives that have had a positive impact on attainment or progress.
- Drive and enthusiasm to inspire, nurture and empower teachers in pursuit of excellence.
- High expectations that motivate, support and challenge teachers and students alike.
- An unrelenting focus to maximise student attainment, progress and achievement.
- A confident and impressive communicator who can organise and lead an effective team
The Subject Leader should hold a relevant degree, a PGCE or equivalent and have at least 4 years’ experience in a teaching and/or middle leadership position.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer to successful candidates including competitive tax free salary, furnished accommodation, medical insurance, visa costs, annual flight allowance and school fee discounts for up to two dependants.
To apply for this role, please complete a Kings’ Application Form and send a letter of application and full CV to email@example.com.
Closing Date - 16th December 2016