Outstanding Music Teacher for Years 4 - 9
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an outstanding, passionate and motivated Music Teacher to join our expanding Music department. As a relatively young department, our expectation is that the successful candidate will develop and grow with the department, to help it to shape practices and to ensure that music becomes a leading area of school life. The candidate is expected to cover the Music curriculum from Years 4 to 9.
The department is superbly resourced with professional facilities for sound recording, a Mac Suite for composition, a wide variety of instruments and a broad peripatetic music programme, as well as purpose built classrooms to encourage and display students’ creativity.
As such this is a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a highly creative and dynamic environment. You will join and be supported by a successful and highly creative Head of Department who is determined to make Music a leading light within the school community.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Music as the sole or significant focus
- An outstanding teacher, with a minimum of 3 years experience of teaching Primary and Secondary students
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- Experience of running music clubs, assemblies and productions is essential
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage.
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through attached HR application form through the TES portal. Closing date for applications is 30 April 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2018 and will be invited to participate in a thorough programme of induction.