Outstanding Teacher of Physical Education
Kings’ Schools Dubai are seeking an outstanding PE teacher to join an outstanding department which is rapidly gaining a reputation for excellence across the UAE. There are positions available in the Primary and Secondary schools across Kings' Schools Dubai.
The department is superbly resourced, with extensive facilities to support a wide range of sports and extracurricular activities. Sport is a major part of students' lives at Kings’ and the successful candidate will be expected to devote time both before and after school, as well as weekends, to running clubs and competitive teams.
As such this is a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a highly innovative environment. You will join and be supported by a successful faculty head with exacting standards and expectations of his/her team.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Physical Education, Outdoor Education or Sports Science as the sole or significant focus
- An outstanding teacher, with a minimum of 3 years experience, though new teachers who are aspiring to be outstanding will be considered
- Experience of teaching GCSE and A-Level - though experience of delivering BTEC will be looked on favourably
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES application form. Please specify your experience relevant to the Primary/Secondary school.
Closing date: 31 December 2017
(The school will conduct initial interviews to early applicants via Skype and reserves the right to offer an ideal candidate the position before the closing date)
Interviews to be held in London from 15 to 21 January 2018.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2018 and will be invited to participate in a thorough programme of induction.