Outstanding Music Teacher
Kings’ School Dubai is seeking an outstanding, passionate and motivated Music Teacher to join our expanding Music department.
When you join the Kings’ Dubai family, you will become part of the only school in Dubai to be rated outstanding 10 years running. Working in Dubai is a fast-paced and rewarding experience, however, it is a demanding and rigorous working environment which requires committed and motivated professionals. As such we seek teachers who understand that their role extends far beyond the classroom.
The department is superbly resourced with professional facilities for sound recording, a Mac Suite for composition, a wide variety of instruments and a broad peripatetic music programme, as well as purpose built classrooms to encourage and display students’ creativity.
As such this is a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a highly creative and dynamic environment. You will join and be supported by a successful and highly creative Head of Department who is determined to make Music a leading light within the school community.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Music as the sole or significant focus and/ or BTEC (minimum level 3)/ A Level
- An outstanding teacher, with experience of teaching Primary students
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- Experience of running music clubs, assemblies and productions is essential
- A commitment to the well being and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage.
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES portal.
Closing date for applications is 4th February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and we reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the final submission date.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2021 and will be invited to participate in a thorough induction programme.
Kings' School Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years