Outstanding Secondary Teacher of Mathematics
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an outstanding Mathematics teacher to join a strong and academically successful department as part of our growth and expansion.
The post requires the successful applicant to teach across all year groups from Year 7 to 13, including GCSE and A-Level classes. As such this will be a demanding yet rewarding position and the successful applicant will join and be supported by a highly driven, knowledgeable and open team.
As such this is a superb opportunity for either an aspiring or an experienced teacher to join a creative and innovative environment. The successful applicant will join and be supported by a successful and highly creative faculty with exacting standards.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Mathematics as the sole or significant focus
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent, minimum of 3 years' experience preferred
- Experience of teaching GCSE and A-Level or IB Diploma Higher Mathematics
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the well-being and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage.
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through attached HR application form through the TES portal.
Closing date for applications is 27th March 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
(*The school will conduct initial interviews with early applicants via Skype and reserves the right to offer an ideal candidate for the position before the closing date.)
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2020 and will be required to participate in a thorough programme of induction.